Tuesday, 11 December, 2018 - 08:00

Municipal Planning Commission Meeting - in County Council Chambers at 9:00 AM.The agenda can be viewed here. This meeting is open to the Public.  Call (780)678-3070 for further details..

Tuesday, 13 November, 2018 - 09:30

Please be advised that the Regular Meeting of the Council is scheduled for the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, beginning at 9:30 am in the Council Chambers at the County Office located at 3755- 43 Avenue in Camrose. Please feel free to check out the Published Agenda located here. The Public is Welcome to attend.  














Tuesday, 11 December, 2018 - 18:00

Working Well Workshop

December 11, 2018 at the Kelsey Community Hall

6:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Refreshments will be provided

Consider how your life would change if you lost your water supply!

Did you know that a poorly maintained water well can put your water supply at risk of contamination and reduce your well yield?

If you are one of 450,000 Albertans who use their water well for household purposes, the key to ensuring your water supply is safe and secure is knowing how groundwater works, learning about your well and understanding how to properly maintain it.

Proper water well siting, construction, maintenance and plugging will help protect your well from biofouling and contamination, save you costly repairs, and ensure your well water yields are sustained over many years.

Find out what you can do to protect your well. Attend the FREE water well management workshop being hosted by Camrose County and presented by the Working Well Program, with technical expertise provided by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Health Services and licensed water well drillers.

During the workshop we will cover:

·         Groundwater – how it works

·         Water quality and quantity testing

·         Well protection – protecting your well from contamination

·         Basic well maintenance

·         Water sampling – how to do it

Must register before Monday December 3, 2018. To attend the workshop or for questions call Marilyn or Megan at the Camrose County Agricultural Services Office at: 780-672-4765 or or refer to the county website at 

Tuesday, 12 December, 2017 - 08:30

The Municipal Planning Commission meetings are open to the public and typically occur on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.  The agenda is available here the week before the meeting.

Please note that while MPC meetings are open to the public, they are not Public Hearings. The most effective way to submit feedback on a particular proposal is in writing in advance of the meeting to the Planning and Development department, who can then attach it to the public agenda package. MPC members may, at their discretion, ask questions of administration or any affected parties relating to the agenda during the meeting.


Friday, 16 November, 2018 - 18:00

Monday, 16 October, 2017 - 20:00

10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

More Election Information - click here







The Councils of Camrose County and its urban partners have recognized the need to cooperate in the planning of future land use and development around their shared municipal boundary.  The purpose of these Bylaws is to prepare Intermunicipal Development Plans (IDP) for an area of common interest or concern. IDPs are now a requirement of the Municipal Government Act.

Pursuant to Section 631(1) of the Municipal Government Act, the Councils give notice that they intend to adopt an Intermunicipal Development Plan with their neighbor and have given first reading to the Bylaw.

Camrose County will hold Public Hearings for all the IDPs on Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in the County Council Chambers, 3755 – 43rd Avenue, Camrose. Anyone affected by the IDP Bylaws may make written submissions before 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 21, 2018, to Paul King, County Administrator, 3755 – 43 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 3S8 or to

Each urban partner will also hold a Public Hearing in their respective community. Anyone affected by the IDP may also make written submission to the appropriate municipality by the deadline listed below.

Copies of all the IDPs are available on the County website at, the County Office, and each urban municipality’s office during regular office hours. If you have questions about the Bylaws contact the County Planning Department at 780-678-3070 or or contact your local municipal office.


Urban Partner

IDP Bylaw #

Public Hearing Time



Submission Deadline

County Bylaw #

Town of Bashaw


November 15, 6:00 p.m.

Council Chambers 5011-52 Avenue Bashaw, AB

November 8


Village of Bawlf


November 21, 7:00 p.m.

Council Chambers 203 Hanson Street

Bawlf, AB

November 14


Village of Bittern Lake


November 15, 7:00 p.m.

Community Hall

303 James Street

Bittern Lake, AB

November 8


Village of Edberg


November 21, 7:00 p.m.

Village Office

60 Main Street Edberg, AB

November 14


Village of Ferintosh


November 7, 7:30 p.m.

Village Office

301 Main Street Ferintosh, AB

November 5


Village of Hay Lakes


November 19, 7:00 p.m.

Council Chambers 115 Main Street

Hay Lakes, AB

November 12


Village of Rosalind


November 8, 7:30 p.m.

Council Chambers Main Street Rosalind, AB

November 5


Effective April 1, 2018, producers will need to have an EFP completion letter dated within the last 10 years to be considered current and eligible for cost-share funding with the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change programs of the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP). That means, for example, if you apply in September 1, 2018, your EFP will need to have been approved on or after September 1, 2008 to be considered for current funding.

I’m sure the first question you’ll ask after reading the title is “Why?”. There has been a movement to harmonize EFPs nationally to make EFPs more useful to sustainable sourcing programs, and Alberta is the only province without a renewal period; therefore, we are doing it to make EFPs useful to sustainable sourcing programs across Canada.

I’m sure the next question is “How often?”. The Alberta EFP program has a Stakeholder Advisory Committee (an industry advisory group) that set the renewal period at 10 years.  We are waiting to see if the renewal period becomes part of the harmonized national standard.  If it does, we anticipate we will need to move the renewal period to 5 years or less in the future.

What does this mean for producers?

  • If you want to apply for Growing Forward/CAP grants, you will need a current EFP.
  • If a sustainable sourcing program requires it (e.g. the potato sustainability initiative), you will need a current EFP
  • If your completion letter is older than 10 years, you will need to do a new workbook and action plan.
  • If you cannot find your completion letter, you will need to start and complete a new EFP to be considered current, regardless of the completion date; unless your EFP is online.
  • Technicians cannot give out completion letters without doing a full review of a new EFP (both workbook and action plan).

Producers should use the online workbook!  ~ Why?

  • The online workbook does many of the calculations for you and carries data forward to other parts of the online workbook where needed
  • Future renewals will be easier. The data are stored online on a secure virtual private server accessible only to ARECA staff entrusted to deliver the EFP Program.
    • When the next version change comes, your data will be migrated to the newest version, making updates easier and simpler.
  • If available, you should use your original binder as a reference for your EFP renewal.  Producers who have done this have told us putting the paper version online takes a few hours
  • If you cannot renew online, then you need to complete a new binder of the latest version.

How do I Renew?

Although Farm Vehicles (Class 2) are exempt from the provisions of sections 10 and 22 of the NSC (National Safety Code for Motor Carriers) when carrying bales (IF they do not exceed the posted speed limit or 80 km/hr, whichever is less, and the vehicle is not operated onon any highway or portion of a highway except to cross the highway), they are NOT EXEMPT from Section 5(2) of the Cargo Securement Standard which states:

"The cargo securement system shall provide a downward force equal to at least 20% of the weight of an article of cargo if the article is not fully contained within the structure of the vehicle"

What this is saying is that you MUST secure each bale with strap, with a marked Working Load Limit (WWL) of at least 20% of weight or aggregate weight of each bale or stack of bales loaded on any vehicle.

For example, If you have a sinigle bale that weighs 500 kg you would need to secure that bale with a strap marked with a WWL of 100 kg. 

If you have one strap over two bales that weight 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 200 kg. 

If you have a single strap over three bales that weigh 500 kg each, you would need a strap with a WWL of 300 kg.

The fines for an improperly secured load are up to $776.



Subscribe to News